When we bought the Pet Taxi, we had a big dream of transporting pets both locally and nationally. We know there are times when families move across state boundaries, or want to adopt or re-home pets, but are unsure of how to transport their fur ball. As a team of experienced pet handlers, we jumped at the opportunity to design a vehicle that offered a solution to this increasingly common challenge. We have several Atlanta-area clients who currently use our transport services for trips to the vet and daycare drop-off/pick-up, but it’s only recently that we’ve been able to extend these services across state lines.
Last week our team drove 1,840 miles in less than 60 hours. Yep, you read that right: more than 1,800 miles in 2.5 days. We had the pleasure of driving the safe and comfy Village Pets Pet Taxi from Atlanta to Long Island, NY, through more than 8 states and multiple time zones.
Life throws curve balls, and we want to help you navigate them. If you, or any of your friends are seeking pet transport services, please keep us in mind. We can provide transport for
- Families who are moving but don’t want to put their fur ball on a plane,
- Families who are adopting dogs/cats/other animals from far away
- Fur balls that are going for extended holidays with other family members/friends
What can you expect from our Pet Transport services?
- Your pet will be accompanied by a professional animal handler from the time we pick them up at your front door to the time we drop them off at the designated location.
- You will have a detailed travel itinerary so you know exactly what to expect and we can work around plane schedules, or other individual scheduling needs.
- You will get a checklist of things to pack and we will make sure your pet is as comfortable as possible throughout the journey. The vehicle has a state-of-the-art kennel system including a brand new air conditioning and ventilation unit.
- Along the way, we will provide timely location updates and will keep you informed about your pets condition and safety through texts, calls, and photos.
If you have future pet transport needs, please reach out. We’ll provide you with a customized quote and all the info you’ll need to make sure your fur baby gets from point A to point B safe and sound.