As we near the cold winter months, we want to shout out some great winter activities you can enjoy with Fido. Of course you can brave the dog-friendly restaurants and parks we’ve featured before, but in case you’d like to cozy up away from the cold, check out these awesome alternatives.
- Grab a beer (indoors!) with your pup. A local ATL brewery, Monday Night Brewery allows dogs inside at both locations (West Midtown and West End). Orpheus, Second Self, and Eventide allow dogs too!
- Let Fido relax – and even have a spa day! – inside Barking Hound Village’s state-of-the art Dog Valet while you shop at Ponce City Market. For one hour, you can leave Fido in safe hands for just $10. Each additional hour is $2.50 and the best part?! Fido can have a bath and be squeaky clean when she’s ready for pick-up.
- Saturday, November 9, eat pancakes and learn how you can support Atlanta dog rescues at Pancakes on Ponce for Pups organized by ATL Dog Rescue Cafe.
- Join Keller Williams for Fido’s photos with Santa Claus on December 7th. Kitty cats are welcome too!
- If you want Fido to join you while running errands, here’s a list of some large retail stores in ATL that allow pups: Trader Joes, Home Depot, Lowe’s, Half Price Books, Ross, Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, and Bed, Bath, and Beyond.
- And last but certainly not least, your fur balls are always welcome to have a play date at The Village Pets Daycare! If you’ve got things to do, or simply don’t want to be out in the cold, bring your pup over for the day. They’ll get lots of exercise and will have a great time with their furry friends!
Are you visiting ATL and need a pet friendly hotel? Check out this detailed Explore Georgia article with a list of great hotels that allow fur balls to stay overnight.
If you have secret spots or great pet-friendly winter activities, please share in the comments!