Raise your hand if you’re tired of this rainy winter weather! We definitely are. Rain does bring pretty flowers. The daffodils are blooming already, which means spring is right around the corner.
This week we’ve cultivated a list of the best fur ball-friendly spring activities in Metro Atlanta. Did we miss something? Comment and share below!
- Piedmont Park Doggie Dash 2020 – March 15: proceeds benefit the Piedmont Park Conservancy and there are two distance options for participants to choose from. Come for the exercise, stay for the swag.
- 2020 Brookhaven Spring Bark Festival – April 4: fun for the whole family, including the furry ones. You’ll find live music, an easter egg hunt, pooch parades, drinks, and more!
- Atlanta Pet Expo 2020 – April 11 + 12: held at the Gwinnett County FairGrounds. The event slogan is, “Play, Shop, Learn, Adopt” and features the “World’s Furriest Pet Easter Egg Hunt!”
- ATL Human Society Run for the Rescues – March 21: held in Suwanee, this lets you exercise while supporting pets in need. There are multiple distances and even trophies for the top finishers!
- Puppy Haven’s Party for the Paws – May 2: proceeds from this event benefit the Atlanta Humane Society. Bring your pup and enjoy food, music, games, beer, and doggie pools!
If you’re looking for low-cost or free activities, there are always a ton of great walking paths and doggie parks to enjoy during the nice ATL weather too. If you’d prefer to hang out on a nice patio and drink a cold beer in the spring sunshine, consider this list of pet-friendly restaurant patios instead!